MAHATMA GANDHI GOVT. COLLEGE
For U.G. courses (academic session 2021-22)
Post Guest Faculty (Library Science)
The Resource Person shall be paid honorarium /remuneration Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) per lecturer subject to a maximum of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five thousand only) or as per the instruction received from the Competent Authority as the case may be.
Educational and other Qualifications
- Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- The National Eligibility Test (NET), conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET (State Level Eligibility Test)
who are or have been awarded a Ph.D Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum
Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D programme prior to July 11, 2009 shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ Bye laws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and such Ph.D candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- D degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D thesis by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on
his/her Ph.D work in conference/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Registrar/Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET
Ph.D degree from a university/institution with a ranking in top 500 World University ranking (at any time) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the Times Higher Education (THE) and Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai.)
Note 1: A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) shall be required at the Master's level for direct recruitment of teachers at any level.
Note 2: Relaxation of 5% shall be provided at the graduate and master's level for the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently-abled (a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard Hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness)/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy Layer) for the purpose of eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
Note A relaxation of 5% shall be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D Degree holders, who have obtained Master's Degree prior to I9th September, 1991.
How to apply
The eligible candidates are advised to submit a brief personal data alongwith related documents to the office of the Principal, M.O. Govt. College, Mayabunder on or before 15.10.2021.