Union Public Service Commission
Applications are invited for one post in the grade of Library & Information Officer [General Central Service, Gp- 'A', Gz., Non-Ministerial] in level-11 by Composite Method [Deputation (ISTC) plus promotion basis] - reg.
2. Eligibility Conditions: Composite Method
1. Deputation (including short-term contract) plus promotion basis:
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories or Public Sector Undertakings or Universities or recognized research institutions or autonomous or statutory or Semi-Government Organizations -
- (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis or equivalent; or
(ii) with seven years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in Level-7 (Rs. 44,900-1,42,400/-) of the Pay Matrix or equivalent; and
- Possessing the following educational qualification and experience, namely.
(i) Master's degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or institute; and
(ft) five years professional experience in a Library under Central Government or State Government or Union Territory or autonomous or statutory organization or Public Sector Undertakings or University or recognized research or educational institution.
One year experience of computerizing library activities in a Library under Central
- Government or State Government or Union Territories or autonomous or statutory organization or Public Sector Undertakings or University or recognized research or educational institution.
Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University or institute. Note: The Departmental Assistant Library Information Officer in Level-7 (Rs. 44, 9001,42,400/-) of the pay matrix with seven years of regular service and possessing
Bachelor's Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized university or institute and having completed successful training of two to three weeks in the field of Library and Library Science shall also be considered along with outsiders and in case he is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall (WenE1902) be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
- The detailed like General conditions, Eligibility Criteria, Age limit, proforma of application form etc. are available on the website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in/vacancy-circulars.
Interested and eligible officials may send their applications in prescribed proforma alongwith copies of the APARs for the last five years (2015-16 to 2019-20) duly attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India, cadre clearance and vigilance clearance through proper channel to the undersigned within 60 days from the date of advertisement of this vacancy in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar. Applications are invited through offline method as well as online on the website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.govin/ vacancy-circulars. Applications not forwarded through proper channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.