Applications are invited for filling up of one vacancy in the grade of Assistant Library & Information Officer [General Central Service, Group- 'B', Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, level-7 (Rs. 44,900 - 1,42,400)] by Composite Method [Deputation (ISTC) plus promotion basis].
2. Eligibility Conditions:
Composite Method (Deputation (including short-term contract) plus promotion]:
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories or Public Sector Undertakings or Universities or recognized research institutions or autonomous or statutory or Semi-Government organizations -
(a).(1) holding analogous posts on a regular basis or equivalent; or
(II) with five years of regular service in Level-6 (Rs. 35,400-1,12,400/-) of the Pay Matrix or equivalent; and
(b) Possessing the following educational qualification and experience, namely;
- Bachelors degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or institute; and
- two years' professional experience in a Library under Central Government or State Government or Union Territories or autonomous or statutory organization or Public Sector Undertakings or University or recognized research or educational institution.
- Master's degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or institute;
- Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University or institute.
Note: The Departmental Library and Information Assistant in Level-6 (Rs. 35,400-1,12,400/-) of the pay matrix with five years of regular service and possessing Bachelor's Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized university or institute and completed successful training of two to three weeks in the field of Library and Library Science shall also be considered along with outsiders and in case he is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
3. The details like General conditions, Eligibility Criteria, Age limit, proforma of application form etc. are available on the website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.inlvacancy-circulars.
4. Interested and eligible officials may send their applications in prescribed proforma atongwith copies of the APARs for the last five years (2015-16 to 2019-20) duly attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India, cadre clearance and vigilance clearance through proper channel to the undersigned within 60 days from the date of advertisement of this vacancy circular in the Employment NewsliRozgar Samachar. Applications are invited through offline method as well as online on the website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in/vacancy-circulars. Applications not forwarded through proper channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.